Vote now for 2020 AHA|SA Pub Burger Challenge
The annual Australian Hotels Association – SA Pub Burger Challenge has been a very popular competition with SA Hotels running since 2009.
This year’s competition attracted 50 entries back in February 2020, with a blind elimination round held at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre in early March.
The elimination round saw an expert panel of judges perform a blind tasting and scoring of each burger based on taste, presentation, meat patty content and value for money.
The top 12 burgers were then selected to ‘cook off’ in front of a live audience as part of Tasting Australia, scheduled for May.
One week later, hotels were closed due to the COVID-19 trading restrictions.
With a year of so many challenges, the SA Pub Burger Challenge will come down to a ‘People’s Choice’ vote to select the overall winner crowned SA’s Best Pub Burger.
Vote and win
Visit one of the 12 finalist pubs below, and;
Post a photo of your burger to Instagram with the pub tagged (@) AND hashtag (#) SAPubBurger
The SA Pub Burger Challenge is generously sponsored by Hotel Industry Partner, Thomas Foods.
1. Information on how to vote forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Solstice Media (ABN 63 105 598 187) of Ground Floor, 165 Grenfell Street Adelaide SA 5000 (Promoter).
3. The promotion commences at 10.00am (Adelaide time) on Wednesday 25 November 2020. The promotion ends at 11:59pm Monday 7 December 2020.
4. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the promoter.
5. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late, incorrectly entered or misdirected entries. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
6. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof.
7. The winner(s) will receive prize(s) will be as described in the competition description. The winner(s) will be notified within 5 days of the competition closing. All draws will be random. All prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the prize value. (iii) Some prizes may carry additional terms and conditions.
8. The draw will take place at the offices of Solstice Media. Ground Floor, 165 Grenfell Street Adelaide SA 5000.
9. The results of the draws are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use their prize as stated. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
11. If the winner does not accept their prize by Wednesday 9 December by 5:00pm, the prize will be redistributed.
12. The Promoter and its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of the prize, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law.
13. If for any reason the promotion is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to qualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
14. The prize winners must, on request by the Promoter, be able to provide evidence which, to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, demonstrates that the winner is an Eligible Entrant and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
15. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter and may be passed on to the supplier of the prize(s). The name and a photograph of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize.
16. A failure by the Promoter to enforce any one of these items and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any other person or contestant.
17. An entrant may vote for multiple venues, but only vote per venue will count towards the total.